We here at Buoyed-Up are absolutely touched to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you to the Domestic Geek Girl Blog for nominating us.
The Rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Display Award Logo on Blog
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award
3. State 7 Things About Yourself
4. Nominate 15 Other Bloggers for this Award and Link Back to Them
5. Notify those bloggers you have nominated.
7 Things about Buoyed-Up
1. This blog was started by 3 Navy families to chronicle their and their sailor’s lives though out the time they were linked to the Navy.
2. The aim of our blog has always been to help new Naval families survive the fleet and to inform the public of what it is like to be part of the Naval family.
3. We have gained a ton of support from Naval families across the area and have expanded the blog in numerous ways. Recently we added 3 new guest bloggers who are at various stages in Navy family life. We hope you all find there stories just as inspiring as those from Boo, Marie and Ollie.
4. GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY! #USNAFootball
5. We love the troops. All of the troops not just our Navy guys. No matter how much we kid between branches of the military, we love and support them all.
6. For OPSEC purposes sometimes we have to censor what we share. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation when we are obligated not to share.
7. We always welcome the stories and experiences from old salts and new ones. Feel free to contact us and become part of the Buoyed-Up family!
Our Nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Gina Left the Mall-
Gina, who also happens to be a guest blogger here from time to time, has her very own blog called Gina Left the Mall. It’s a blog all about her experience helping the troops.
Who said the military didn’t blog? Navy live is the group blog of all those serving above our loved ones. There are entries from the MCPON, Rear Admirals, and more.
Jessica is also a Navy wife. Her expertise is in making awesome care-packages. Anyone with a family member in the military knows how important it is to send not only letters but care-packages and how hard it is to get great ideas for them. Throughout Jessica’s blog she makes it easy!
Left Face- The Other MilSpouce Blog
These liberal leaning spouses, partners, and significant others from the Army, Navy, Air force, and Marines have been blogging about various military topics since 2009! Check out what they have to say.
Hinges of History: Meeting Women who were Home Front Heroins.
Hinges of History is a historical blog about the Naval women (the WAVES) during WWII. Each article gives you a different perspective of what military life was like for women at that time.
Becoming a Navy Wife
Julie shares another perspective of Navy life.
While it’s not exactly a Blog, I will classify it as a cartoon one. Broadside has been entertaining troops for years with their comical depictions of Navy and Marine (green side) life.
More nominations to come….